To find person in digital data email in one of part to get detailed informations about that person, if you get email you can check info associated with that like social media accounts, domain registered with that email and many more.
Buster is an advance email OSINT tool, this tool can extract email to find what informations associated with that email, you can reconnaissance an email and this tool will show info about that and also show link where the email was found.
Buster is an advanced OSINT tool used to:
- Get social accounts from various sources(gravatar,about.me,myspace,skype,github,linkedin,previous breaches)
- Get links to where the email was found using google,twitter,darksearch and paste sites
- Get breaches of an email
- Get domains registered with an email (reverse whois)
- Generate possible emails and usernames of a person
- Find the email of a social media account
- Find emails from a username
- Find the work email of a person using
A tutorial on how to use Buster can be found here
clone the repository:
Once you have a copy of the source, you can install it with:
This project uses hunter.io to get information from company emails,the first couple “company email” searches dont require a key,if you have an interest in company emails i recommend that you sign up for an account on hunter.io.
Once you get an API key, add it to the file “api-keys.yaml” and rerun the command:
Query for list of emails`
Generate emails that matches the pattern and checks if they exist or not(use the -a argument if you have more info to add(ex: -a nickname fav_color phone #)
Generate usernames (use with -o option and input the file to recon-ng’s profiler module)
Generate emails (use -v if you want to validate and get info of each email)
Generate 100+ emails in the format [email protected] and returns the valid ones(use -p if you dont want all 100+)
Generate a company email and returns info associated with it
- You get 200 email validations/day,use them wisely!
- When using the -a option,avoid using small words(ex:j,3,66),the shorter the words are the bigger the email list is and therefore more validations are needed
- when adding an email pattern make sure the service providing the pattern displays it with the right size(facebook,twitter,instagram do…others might not)
- I dont recommend using with Tor as haveibeenpwnd.com,hunter.io and google wont function properly
- emailrep.io for being developer friendly
- khast3x,developer of h8mail which was used as a reference for this README file
- The OSINT community for being awesome!