Android phone is still vulnerable to exploit, if we compare between IOS and Android for security IOS will be the winner, because in Android device attacker still can exploit with malicious applications. With Droidefence you can analyze a malware in your android.
What Droidefense is
Droidefense (originally named atom: analysis through observation machine)* is the codename for android apps/malware analysis/reversing tool. It was built focused on security issues and tricks that malware researcher have on they every day work. For those situations on where the malware has anti-analysis routines, Droidefense attemps to bypass them in order to get to the code and ‘bad boy’ routine. Sometimes those techniques can be virtual machine detection, emulator detection, self certificate checking, pipes detection. tracer pid check, and so on.
Droidefense uses an innovative idea in where the code is not decompiled rather than viewed. This allow us to get the global view of the execution workflow of the code with a 100% accuracy on gathered information. With this situation, Droidefense generates a fancy html report with the results for an easy understanding.
- .apk unpacker
- .apk resource decoder
- .apk file enumeration
- .apk file classification and identification
- binary xml decoder
- in-memory processing using a virtual filesystem
- resource fuzzing and hashing
- entropy calculator
- native code dump
- certificate analysis
- debug certificate detection
- opcode analysis
- unused opcode detection
- androidManifest.xml analysis
- internal structure analysis
- dalvik bytecode flow analysis
- multipath analysis implementation (not tested)
- CFG generation
- simple reflection resolver
- String classification
- simulated workflow generation
- dynamic rules engine
- PSCout data module
- Full Android manifest parser, based on official SDK documentation v23.
- Machine Learning (Weka based) module
- Hidden ELF file detector plugin
- Hidden APK file detector plugin
- Application UID detector plugin
- Privacy plugin
- Checkout how to compile new version at:
- Checkout report example at:
- Checkout execution logs at:
Everybody is welcome to contribute to DROIDEFENSE. Please check out the DROIDEFENSE Contribution Steps for instructions about how to proceed.
And any other comments will be very appreciate.
Feel free to cite droidefense on your works. We added next boilerplate for your references:
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Uses GPL license described below
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.