File Upload Vulnerability Tool
FUSE is a penetration testing system designed to identify Unrestricted Executable File Upload (UEFU) vulnerabilities. The details of the testing strategy is in our paper, “FUSE: Finding File Upload Bugs via Penetration Testing”, which appeared in NDSS 2020. To see how to configure and execute FUSE, see the followings.
Setup and Installation
FUSE currently works on Ubuntu 18.04 and Python 2.7.15.
1. Install dependencies
2. Clone and build FUSE
If you plan to leverage headless browser verification using selenium, please install Chrome and Firefox web driver by refering selenium document.
- FUSE uses a user-provided configuration file that specifies parameters for a target PHP application. The script must be filled out before testing a target Web application. You can check out README file and example configuration files.
- Configuration for File Monitor (Optional)
- File Monitor
- When FUSE completes the penetration testing, a [HOST] directory and a [HOST_report.txt] file are created.
- A [HOST] folder stores files that have been attempted to upload.
- A [HOST_report.txt] file contains test results and information related to files that trigger U(E)FU.
If you find UFU and UEFU bugs and get CVEs by running FUSE, please send a PR for README.md
|OsCommerce2||CVE-2018-18572, CVE-2018-18964, CVE-2018-18965, CVE-2018-18966|