Seeker is very powerfull tool, this tool can get accurate coordinate of victim with fake website. You can send the fake website around the world because Seeker is automate integrate with Ngrok (Public URL for local server). This tool is coded by thewhiteh4t.
Concept behind Seeker is simple, just like we host phishing pages to get credentials why not host a fake page that requests your loction just like many popular location based websites.
Seeker Hosts a fake website on In Built PHP Server and uses Ngrok, website asks for Location Permission and if the user allows it, we can get :
- Altitude – Not always available
- Direction – Only available if user is moving
- Speed – Only available if user is moving
Along with Location Information we also get Device Information without any permissions :
- Operating System
- Number of CPU Cores
- Amount of RAM – Approximate Results
- Screen Resolution
- GPU information
- Browser Name and Version
- Public IP Address
This tool is a Proof of Concept and is for Educational Purposes Only, Seeker shows what data a malicious website can gather about you and your devices and why you should not click on random links and allow critical permissions such as Location etc.
Seeker VS Other Tools
- Other tools and services offer IP Geolocation which is NOT accurate at all and does not give location of the target instead it is the approximate location of the ISP.
- Seeker uses HTML API and gets Location Permission and then grabs Longitude and Latitude using GPS Hardware which is present in the device, so Seeker works best with Smartphones, if the GPS Hardware is not present, such as on a Laptop, Seeker fallbacks to IP Geolocation or it will look for Cached Coordinates.
- Generally if a user accepts location permsission, Accuracy of the information recieved is accurate to approximately 30 meters, Accuracy Depends on the Device.
Note : On iPhone due to some reason location accuracy is approximately 65 meters.
Tested On :
- Kali Linux 2019.2
- BlackArch Linux
- Ubuntu 19.04
- Kali Nethunter
- Parrot OS
Or using Docker
Arch Linux Based Distro
- Services like Serveo and Ngrok are banned in some countries such as Russia etc., so if it’s banned in your country you may not get a URL, if not then first READ CLOSED ISSUES, if your problem is not listed, create a new issue.