Many devices use bluetooth connection to interact with other device, car media player use bluetooth connection to connect with smartphone or laptop use bluetooth to interact with smartphone, joysticks or even mouse and keyboard. But you know, the technology that we can connect with other without cable is can be use to spy you.
Hacker can use bluetooth to spoof and clone your device informations. This time i’ll share with you a tool that can spy on bluetooth connection called “Spooftooph“.
Spooftooph is designed to automate spoofing or cloning Bluetooth device information. Make a Bluetooth device hide in plain site. Spoofing the Bluetooth information is useful for many purposes such as hiding a Bluetooth device in a plain site, accessing protected information, and observation.
NOTE: Spooftooph is installed automatically in kali linux. Or you can install with
apt-get install spooftooph
- Clone and log Bluetooth device information
- Generate a random new Bluetooth profile
- Change Bluetooth profile every X seconds
- Specify device information for Bluetooth interface
- Select device to clone from scan log
Spooftooph offers five modes of usage:
- Specify NAME, CLASS and ADDR.
spooftooph -i hci0 -n new_name -a 00:11:22:33:44:55 -c 0x1c010c\
- Randomly generate NAME, CLASS and ADDR.
spooftooph -i hci0 -R
- Scan for devices in range and select device to clone. Optionally dump the device information in a specified log file.
spooftooph -i hci0 -s -w file.csv
- Load in device info from log file and specify device info to clone.
spooftooph -i hci0 -r file.csv
- Clone a random devices info in range every x seconds.
spooftooph -i hci0 -t 10
[email protected]:~# spooftooph -h spooftooph v0.5.2 by JP Dunning (.ronin) <www.hackfromacave.com> (c) 2009-2012 Shadow Cave LLC. NAME spooftooph SYNOPSIS spooftooph -i dev [-mstu] [-nac]|[-R]|[-r file] [-w file] DESCRIPTION -a <address> : Specify new BD_ADDR -b <num_lines> : Number of Bluetooth profiles to display per page -B : Disable banner for smaller screens (like phones) -c <class> : Specify new CLASS -h : Help -i <dev> : Specify interface -m : Specify multiple interfaces during selection -n <name> : Specify new NAME -r <file> : Read in CSV logfile -R : Assign random NAME, CLASS, and ADDR -s : Scan for devices in local area -t <time> : Time interval to clone device in range -u : USB delay. Interactive delay for reinitializing interface -w <file> : Write to CSV logfile (Useful in Virtualized environment when USB must be passed through.)