What is a Botnet ?
A botnet is a number of Internet-connected devices, each of which is running one or more bots. Botnets can be used to perform distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack), steal data, send spam, and allows the attacker to access the device and its connection. The owner can control the botnet using command and control (C&C) software.
Once the botnet’s owner is in control of your computer, they usually use your machine to carry out other nefarious tasks. Common tasks executed by botnets include:
- Using your machine’s power to assist in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to shut down websites.
- Emailing spam out to millions of Internet users.
- Generating fake Internet traffic on a third-party website for financial gain.
- Replacing banner ads in your web browser specifically targeted at you.
- Pop-ups ads designed to get you to pay for the removal of the botnet through a phony anti-spyware package.
Also read what is HTTP botnet
UBoat HTTP Botnet
A POC HTTP Botnet designed to replicate a full weaponised commercial botnet.
This project should be used for authorized testing or educational purposes only.
The main objective behind creating this offensive project was to aid security researchers and to enhance the understanding of commercial HTTP loader style botnets . I hope this project helps to contribute to the malware research community and people can develop efficient counter mesures 🙂
Usage of uboat without prior mutual consistency can be considered as an illegal activity. It is the final user’s responsibility to obey all applicable local, state and federal laws. Authors assume no liability and are not responsible for any misuse or damage caused by this program.
- Coded in C++ with no dependencies
- Encrypted C&C Communications
- Persistence to prevent your control being lost
- Connection Redundancy (Uses a fallback server address or domain )
- DDoS methods (TCP & UDP Flood)
- Task Creation System ( Altering system HWID,Country,IP,OS.System )
- Remote Commands
- Update and Uninstall other malware
- Download and Execute other malware
- Active as well as Passive Keylogger
- Enable Windows RDP
- Plugin system for easy feature updates
Getting started ?
- Download the bot from https://github.com/Souhardya/UBoat/releases
- Follow the wiki at https://github.com/Souhardya/UBoat/wiki
Project maintained by
- Souhardya Sardar ( [email protected])
- Tuhinshubhra aka r3dhax0r ( https://github.com/Tuhinshubhra )
- Team Virtually Unvoid Defensive ( https://github.com/virtuallyud )