USB is not just hardware to send files, charging or anything. In hacker hand USB is can be dangerous hardware. With some knowledge hacker will make over the USB to another functions, USB can remote your computer, injecting virus and make you device crash/error. That’s what hacker doing, you have to know to protect yourself from it.
TL;DR: The Video is self-explanatory. (Wanna know how to make it? Read the article below.)
One of security expert Luca Bongiorni is have an idea to make cheapest and tiny malicious USB. He said “All started with this Tweet last April, when I wanted a damn cheap USB implant capable of injecting keystrokes.”
It had to be:
- Remotely Controllable
- Fast in Typing
- Tiny as f***k
- Cheaper than a bottle of Vodka
The main idea (for the hardware-side) is to re-use the Logitech’s inexpensive Unifying dongles as implants within USB cables.
How to Make USBSamurai
To give you an idea… this is how much this dongle cost (CU-0007): 7.74 EURO!
What you need to do is DEAD SIMPLE:
- Remove the top black case without breaking the dongle;
- PULL out the PCB & the orange plastic holder [gently hold the metal case with a vice (use gum for projecting it) then with a pair of pliers gently but firmly pull out the stuff];
- Pop-open an USB Cable (I do suggest either  or ) and solder the Vcc& GND to their related pins on the CU-0007.
- Once everything will be in place, mount back the metal case of the USB male connector.
- Then check if it fits the USB case and glue it with a drop of super-glue.
DONE. Congrats! You just created your First USBsamurai!
Now you just need to pair it with @mame82’s LOGITacker v.0.1.3-beta and you are ready to pwn targets!
For the Software-side, the good @mame82 came to help with his majestic LOGITacker framework!
So far it supports 4 different NRF-based boards:
- Nordic nRF52840 Dongle
- MakerDiary MDK Dongle
- MakerDiary MDK
- April Brother nRF52840 Dongle
I personally opted for the 4th one  since is the only one with external Antenna (i.e. Longer Range).
Just follow LOGITacker’s readme and install the v.0.1.3-beta and install https://github.com/mame82/LOGITacker/releases/download/v0.1.3-beta/logitacker_aprdongle.uf2
I recorder a video to explain how to easily pair USBsamurai with LOGITacker.